Haven’t made plans for the 4th of July yet? No worries; All across Georgia, we have dozens of events, ranging from relay races, bicycle parades and watermelon eating contests, to boat tours, cannon firings, flag raisings and even firework displays. Love fireworks, but not big crowds? Some state parks are near smaller towns hosting firework displays, so you can stay overnight and drive just a short distance to watch the show. Make reservations for camping, cabins and lodge rooms by calling 1-800-864-7275.
- Summer Cabin Staycations at Georgia State Parks
- Next Saturday, Sept 26 is FREE in Georgia’s Beautiful State Parks
- Two Nights, Two Glasses of Wine, and Two Free Breakfasts at State Park Lodges
- New Geocaching Challenge Brings Treasure Hunters to Georgia’s State Parks
- Resolve to Get Outdoors & Fit in 2011