On Tuesday, the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners accepted an agreement with the Mountain View Athletic Association, Inc., to build a football press box at Rabbit Hill Park that will be funded by the volunteer group. The nonprofit provides youth sports programs at the park including baseball, softball, football and cheerleading.
When commissioners approved a construction contract to expand Rabbit Hill Park in August, the original bid award did not include the press box. The Mountain View Athletic Association approached the County about adding the facility and agreed to reimburse the County for the $108,000 cost.
Community Services Director Phil Hoskins said, “This is another good example of community volunteers raising private funds to help provide quality recreational facilities for youth sports programs.”
- GROUNDBREAKINGS SCHEDULED FOR TWO PARK EXPANSIONS, RABBIT HILL AND HARBINS PARK
- Grayson Athletic Association
- Youth Sports Expo, July 28 at Rhodes Jordan Park
- VINES PARK RENOVATION GETS UNDERWAY
- Park Profile: Bethesda Park Information, Hours [PHOTOS]